Asparagus, one of my favorite foods, can be eaten in unlimited quantities. This creamy soup is full of folate and antioxidants. From The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS : per Serving (1 cup): calories 99, fat 4 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, fiber 7 g, protein 6 g, carbohydrate 14 g, sodium 224 mg
Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Head Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2.5 Pounds Asparagus trimmed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Cups Low-Sodium Vegetable or Chicken Broth or Water
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. After a minute, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Put the cauliflower and asparagus in the pot, add the cayenne pepper, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the broth and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cauliflower is fully cooked, 5–8 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. (Or use a handheld immersion blender to purée the soup directly in the pot.) Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and black pepper if needed. The soup should be thick but still light. If it is too thick, thin it with a little more broth or water. Any leftover soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.