Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 324, carbohydrates 39.0 g, fiber 5.5 g, protein 19.9 g, fat 10.9 g, cholesterol 33 mg, sodium 112 mg, calcium 66 mg.
Salmon Salad In Steamed Collard Wraps Recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 324, carbohydrates 39.0 g, fiber 5.5 g, protein 19.9 g, fat 10.9 g, cholesterol 33 mg, …
- 1 Cup Wild Rice rinsed
- 3 Cups Water
- 4 Medium Collard Leaves
- 1 Can (7.5 ounce) Unsalted Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion minced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoons Capers
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- To cook the wild rice: Place the wild rice in a small pan. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Drain excess water from the rice through a small strainer.
- To prepare the collard greens: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large sauté pan. Place the collard greens in the water, cover, and turn off heat. Allow to sit 1 minute, then rinse the collard greens under cold water.
- Drain the juice from the canned salmon. Place the salmon (skin and small bones included) in a medium bowl and use a fork to flake the salmon. Add the onion, oil, garlic, cooked rice, and capers.
- Lay out each steamed collard leaf on a plate and divide the salmon and sliced tomatoes among the four plates. Feel free to add a little of your favorite premade sugar-free salad dressing or an extra splash of olive oil. Roll the collard greens as you would a tortilla and enjoy.
- Note: omit the rice from this recipe if you are on the advanced plan.