Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 187, carbohydrates 15.9 g, fiber 1.4 g, protein 19.5 g, fat 4.5 g, cholesterol 49 mg, sodium 377 mg, calcium 45 mg.
Chicken Vegetable Soup With Rice Recipe
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Ready In:
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories 187, carbohydrates 15.9 g, fiber 1.4 g, protein 19.5 g, fat 4.5 g, cholesterol 49 mg, …
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Small Carrot diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Organic Skinless Chicken Breasts bone-in
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Green Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Bay Leaft
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice drained
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- Heat the sesame oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion, and sauté until the onions become translucent. Push the vegetables to the side of the pot, lay the chicken breasts in the center, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear for a minute on each side. Stir the vegetables back around the chicken. Add the cabbage, bay leaf, herbs, water, and cider vinegar. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Bring to a boil and add the rice. Reduce to medium, cover, and cook for 10 minutes until the rice is tender. Meanwhile, pull the chicken meat from the bones. When the rice is cooked, add the chicken back to the soup, adjust the seasoning, add the parsley, and serve.