Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

By Published:

• Yield: 4 Servings
  • Prep:
  • Cook:
  • Ready In:

This vegetarian chili, like most dishes that use a complex blend of spices, is best served the next day, after the flavors fully develop.

1. Dice peppers, onions, and celery. Mince garlic. Drain and rinse beans.
  2. In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, peppers, garlic, and celery for 5–7 minutes.
  3. Add vegetable broth, beans, and all herbs and spices. Cover. Simmer for approximately 1 hour or until beans are tender and liquid thickens slightly.
  4. Remove from heat and chill.

, , ,

8 Responses to Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili

1. connie demske November 10, 2010 at 11:33 am #

This is THE best chili recipe I’ve ever tasted! You won’t miss the meat a bit.

2. Mary December 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

I made this recipe using the cookbook. It calls for 1/4 cup of sea salt, not 1/4 tsp. Watch out!!

3. spaccio hogan November 18, 2011 at 12:25 am #

Extremely good article. I am a hypnotherapist and agree wholeheartedly with your article

4. Karen Panks May 8, 2012 at 11:50 am #

I recently bought the Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook and for one of my first recipes I tried the Three Bean Vegetarian Chili. There is a major error in editing of this recipe. The last item in the recipe ingredients is written as 1/4 cup kosher salt, I questioned this but just reduced it more than half way and needless to say this was a great error my first try in your book was a big failure. This book was copyright in 2007 and was purchased at Barnes & Noble.

5. Diana Starr Daniels June 14, 2012 at 10:04 am #

What should the amount of salt be?

6. バーバリー t シャツ November 1, 2012 at 7:54 am #

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask.Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.