Quinoa and Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This savory dish is best made ahead, so that the flavors can meld. Quinoa can be cooked in a rice cooker as well.
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa Grain
- 1 1/2 Cup Water for Preparing Quinoa Grain
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Cup Poblano Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions or Scallions about 3 stalks
- 3/4 Cup Canned Chick Peas
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and stir. Turn down heat to low. Cover. Simmer covered 25–30 minutes, until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cool cooked quinoa.
- Dice the onions and poblano. Slice the green onions. Drain canned chick peas and rinse.
- Heat a small amount of the oil olive, sauté onion and pepper over medium heat for 2–5 minutes or until onions are slightly soft.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly onion-pepper mixture, green onions, cooked quinoa, and chick peas.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, add lemon juice, chili powder, oregano, parsley, and sea salt. Slow whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Pour dressing over quinoa-chickpea mixture. Gently mix until dressing thoroughly covers all the salad.