Carrots, Hot Peppers, and Shallot Stir Fry
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
To peel ginger quickly and safely use the edge of a small spoon and scrape the peel away from the ginger root to remove all the skin before chopping.
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Baby Carrots
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Mince the jalapenos, ginger, and garlic. Slice the shallots into rings.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil over medium to high heat and add the carrots and shallots. Sauté for 4–5 minutes then add the garlic, ginger, jalapenos, Chinese 5 spice, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for 4–5 more minutes and add the green onion to finish. Carrots should be tender but still crisp in the center.