Caribbean Black Eyed Peas (Cold Salad)
- Yield: 4 Servings
Make this Caribbean-inspired bean salad ahead of time, to allow time for the peppers, onions and other flavors to meld.
- 4 Teaspoons Poblano Pepper
- 7 Stalks Green Onion or Scallion
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion
- 2 Cans (15 ounces each) Organic Black Eyed Peas
- 3/4 Cup UltraBroth or organic vegetable broth
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Dice the poblano pepper, green onions, and red onion. Drain and rinse black eyed peas.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix black eyed peas, poblano pepper, green onions, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, add vegetable broth, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, oregano, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over black eyed pea mixture. Gently mix until dressing thoroughly covers all black eyed peas.