Brazilian Black Bean Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This flavorful soup with a Brazilian-inspired flavoring is good served warm or cold.
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Poblano Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Celery
- 1 Cans (15 ounce) Black Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups UltraBroth or organic vegetable broth
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- Mince garlic. Dice onion, poblano pepper and celery. Drain, rinse, and dry black beans.
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, peppers, celery and garlic for 4–5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, and all herbs and spices EXCEPT cilantro. Simmer for 20–30 minutes or until beans are soft, stirring as needed.
- Add cilantro and simmer an additional 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and chill.